PDA

View Full Version : A3 2.0 FSi

Jaimela
11-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Anyone have mpg for the above?

Heard its' just as enconomical as a Ford KA 1.3!

I'm buyin an 04 plate and not sure which one to get the FSI OR TDI Sport (2.0) want a car thas good on fuel consumption. Find the pet car is cheaper with lower miles and diesel car expensive with higher miles...decisions

Any suggestions or adice would be really appreciated.

Cheers!

Jaime

squinty
11-03-2008, 09:03 PM
there are advantages and disadvantages to both really: -

diesel tend to cost more to buy, and you should get a better mpg from it. obviously diesel is also more expensive at the pump, but if you are getting an extra 100 miles from a tank, for an extra £2 when you fill up, then it works out a better deal. it really shouldnt be a problem that the diesel has hig mileage, they will take it. hence most company cars are diesel ;) i think the mpg on the diesel is about 15-20 more than the petrol.

road tax is cheaper on diesel cars. 1.6 petrol is £165/year, 1.8td £115

personally, i LOVE my diesel. took a couple of weeks to get used to though.

also, there is a lot less maintenance with a diesel engine, and less that is likely to go wrong.

if you are thinking about possibly remapping the engine at a later date, td models will always map better than the petrol models. my mate has a '56 2l fsi, i have a 1.8tdci focus, there really isnt much in it. :D

you pays your money, you takes your choice. i would take them both out for a test and see which you prefer.

smiglyy
11-03-2008, 10:11 PM
dito to the diesel bud i got a 2004 20tdi sport with 82000 miles on it drives like new as above cheap road tax 115 per year go for it m8 diesel plus u can get it remapped better fuel consumption plus more horses hope this helps

Jaimela
11-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Read this and tell me what you think

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/37285/audi_a3.html

smiglyy
11-03-2008, 11:27 PM
well m8 its up to you then but it does sound good didnt realize they were that good on fuel if you dont like the noise go for the petrol m8

paul b
12-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Your decision, but diesel every time for me.
Paul

RichKi
15-03-2008, 05:45 PM
I've had mine since January now and on short journeys get about 28mpg. Longer journeys, i.e. motorway, I can see upwards of 40mpg. Despite what the book says, these are my actuals.

Lethallizzy
30-03-2008, 01:23 AM
Anyone have mpg for the above?

Heard its' just as enconomical as a Ford KA 1.3!

I'm buyin an 04 plate and not sure which one to get the FSI OR TDI Sport (2.0) want a car thas good on fuel consumption. Find the pet car is cheaper with lower miles and diesel car expensive with higher miles...decisions

Any suggestions or adice would be really appreciated.

Cheers!

Jaime

Hi, I have the 2.0 FSI! awesome little car but fuel consumption is nowhere near as good as the diesel. ive had a couple s-line diesels as courtousy cars and fell in love with them. Il defo get a diesel audi next time.
the only downside i noticed is they are slow on take-off in 1st. but when going you dont know its not petrol.
i do 800 to 1000 miles a week and in the petrol station 3 times a week, each time its at least £45 :( getting an average of 35mpg and thats motorway all the time.
hope this helps.:beerchug: