PDA

View Full Version : '03 Polo Heater temperature motor ? beano

beano1 :
11-03-2008, 07:33 PM
The temperature control on my Polo has gone berserk ! ETKA tells me there is a flexi cable control ....... not on mine ! this is electrically run ! T.P.I. tell me they sell a lot of temp. control motors : they also say it is a *!?:* job. What they can't tell me is WHere the wretched thing is situated ! Does any kind soul know ? ........ Please .

djl78
13-03-2008, 05:13 PM
I've got exactly the same problem.ELSAWIN says it's a flexi control but not on my vehicle.If you stick your head into the passenger footwell ,as if you were changing the pollen filter,you should see it stuffed up in there next to the heater box.
I've not got around to changing mine yet but got to grips with the temp fluctuations.
Let me know how you get on.

beano1
14-03-2008, 12:41 PM
;)DONE IT ! Bit awkward ; glove box out ;radio/cd unit; and patience : lug breaks off the holding bracket ...... strategically placed self-tapper takes care of that . BUT .......... Check first by putting the ignition on , and whilst your head is jammed into the passenger footwell watching the flap mechanism (toothed wheel and sector) move the heater control from zero to 18 and so on to see if it moves in stages . Mine opened the flap fully as soon as I moved the knob off zero . I found my fault lay in the actual switch ............... having already replaced the motor ! ! ! The motor was £69 ...... the switch set-up was £53 ......... ! Hey-Ho ! ! ......At least I know how to do it now . Moral :- Just because the parts department have it stock doesn't mean that that will cure your problem ! ?
The temperature control on my Polo has gone berserk ! ETKA tells me there is a flexi cable control ....... not on mine ! this is electrically run ! T.P.I. tell me they sell a lot of temp. control motors : they also say it is a *!?:* job. What they can't tell me is WHere the wretched thing is situated ! Does any kind soul know ? ........ Please .

djl78
14-03-2008, 10:06 PM
From what you describe i'd say i have the same problem.Think i'll go for a switch change.
Don't suppose you made a note of the part number??
Cheers