PDA

View Full Version : Teutonic_Tamer touching base

Teutonic_Tamer
26-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Just quickie to say 'ello and all the other salutations.

I am a qualified independent motor vehicle technician (now retired due to health reasons). I am relatively new to VAG cars, my real depth coming from Vauxhalls mainly.

I have a real passion and expertise in oils and lubricants, tyres, braking systems - oh and anotomically correct, orthopaedic Recaro seats!!!

I'm very open to both sharing my knowledge, as well as learing new stuff, and really appreciate any "follow-up" answers given from advice or postings on these boards. Live and learn as they say.

TTFN

adamss24
26-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Thats correct indeed. Wellcome to the forum.

SCBowden
26-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Hello Teutonic_Tamer,

Welcome to the Forum and Site.

Thanks for the Advice about the Tyres. perhaps honest and reliable was not the correct phrase, but they are certainly more honest then a few places I have been !!!

I am not sure about the Tyre Place in terms of them being a sole dealer but they have never forced a particular make of tyres unto me. A friend had P6000 and really liked them so I got some, and the guy said they were one of the quietest tyres available. From what you have said I don't think I will be putting Pirellis on ever again !!!

My Last car I had Michellin Energys and they were very good. What are your views and advice about BF Goodrich ? As I have just got some, I was toying with the Idea of Michellins again, and possibly from your reply about the BF Goodrich it may have been a worth while exercise.

Again thanks for your advice.

Regards,

Steve

Marc97
26-11-2006, 11:22 PM
As Steve said, you tyre post was to say the least, concise (sp?).
Welcome to the forum mate, always good to have another experienced brain to pick lol.

Teutonic_Tamer
27-11-2006, 12:23 AM
As Steve said, you tyre post was to say the least, concise (sp?).
Welcome to the forum mate, always good to have another experienced brain to pick lol.

Why - thank-you

fx:<takes a bow>fx/

:Blush: :Blush2:

MalcQV
28-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Welcome