PDA

View Full Version : Vag-com & Vag-Tacho

rhinopower
11-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Can you use the same cable for both? I've got an ebay £6 jobbie

onzarob
11-03-2008, 05:14 PM
No, i think the cables are different, the one you have will work with the shareware version of VAG-COM.

Vagtacho only works with a genuine cable, if it say it works and is a 3rd party one it probably a pirate copy

rhinopower
11-03-2008, 05:28 PM
I bought the reg key for my vag-com which works fine, there are vag-tacho bundles on ebay for £30-£70, should i assume those are pirated versions?

Uwe@Ross-Tech
11-03-2008, 11:44 PM
there are vag-tacho bundles on ebay for £30-£70, should i assume those are pirated versions?

I think that would be a safe assumption. A genuine VagTacho setup costs 290 Euros or about £220 at the current exchange rate.

See:
http://www.maltchev.com/kiti/

-Uwe-

stuart
12-03-2008, 12:05 AM
And, I would like to add, this website does not support or allow the advertising or discussion of any pirated goods ;)

bugOlugs
16-03-2008, 04:21 PM
And, I would like to add, this website does not support or allow the advertising or discussion of any pirated goods ;)

Hmm....

You sure about that? :confused:

stuart
16-03-2008, 07:19 PM
Positive!

bugOlugs
16-03-2008, 07:47 PM
How is it one of the site sponsors sells, shall we say, 'non-official' leads and software? :confused:

Sam
16-03-2008, 09:11 PM
How is it one of the site sponsors sells, shall we say, 'non-official' leads and software? :confused:

The sponsor sells non-official leads and not pirated goods. The sponsor also provides links to the software, and does not sell it.

Please read the descriptions and items for sale properly before making such claims in the future.

Crasher
16-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Eshrules sells leads that work with the SHAREWARE version of VAG-COM, please do not confuse him with other people.

bugOlugs
16-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm perfectly aware of what's being sold.

I am not referring to VagCom. What about the VagTacho leads & software? They were being sold as a package. Are they genuine? We all know they aren't.

I note they've been withdrawn from sale (at the moment) as they are not 'official'. That's just another way of saying 'pirate'.

I have no objection to anyone selling anything they want. As long as they're not ripping me off!

Stuart said

"And, I would like to add, this website does not support or allow the advertising or discussion of any pirated goods"

It has in the past though, hasn't it?

Uwe@Ross-Tech
16-03-2008, 09:50 PM

Based on my (admittedly somewhat limited) experience on this forum, I would say that was before the forum owner was aware of the situation.

-Uwe-

Sam
17-03-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm perfectly aware of what's being sold.

I am not referring to VagCom. What about the VagTacho leads & software? They were being sold as a package. Are they genuine? We all know they aren't.

I note they've been withdrawn from sale (at the moment) as they are not 'official'. That's just another way of saying 'pirate'.

I have no objection to anyone selling anything they want. As long as they're not ripping me off!

Stuart said

"And, I would like to add, this website does not support or allow the advertising or discussion of any pirated goods"

If you're perfectly aware of what's being sold you'll note they are no longer being sold. They have been withdrawn from sale permanently not "(at the moment)"

As Uwe kindly points out above, it was before the site (and the Sponsor) was aware.

I'm curious as to where you're intending to go with this. What is your purpose for bringing up matters that have been dealt with already?

Eshrules
17-03-2008, 11:25 AM
If you're perfectly aware of what's being sold you'll note they are no longer being sold. They have been withdrawn from sale permanently not "(at the moment)"

As Uwe kindly points out above, it was before the site (and the Sponsor) was aware.

I'm curious as to where you're intending to go with this. What is your purpose for bringing up matters that have been dealt with already?

I too am curious as to the reasoning behind this direction of questioning.

I, Eshrules Enterprises, take copyright infringement very seriously and once made aware of the situation, all items considered to be infringing copyright were withdrawn from sale, full stop.

I can also confirm that (having been a moderator on this forum previously) the sale of pirated goods and/or software is not tolerated by the forum.

Mistakes happen, granted and I think Uwe will agree, once informed of the breach, I acted immediatley to remedy the situation.

I will always welcome open discussion as I have nothing to hide.

:)

stuart
17-03-2008, 11:59 AM
I would like to know as well....

This site as always, from "day 1" had a policy on pirate good of any description, but as I am not an expert in every field, including diagnostics, some things are more easy to identify, so, as soon as we were made aware that the items were "copyright" goods, and acted straight away.

Now, why do you insist on carry on with this? Where is the conversation going?

If you feel that items you have purchase may or may not be pirate, take the matter up with the person or Company you purchased the good off.

The bottom line is: We DO NOT allow the sale or discussion of copyright goods. UNLESS you own a legal copy of the software!.This would not include the sale of the item, as in most cases, the licence is non transferable!

With regards to past selling of VAG TACHO related items, We were contacted regarding VAG-TACHO and acted, and removed the items from this site within 1 hour of knowing the issue.

Please contact me by PM from now on if you have issues with anything this site has done which you feel has caused breach of copyright. If not, then I think this matter is now closed.

Stuart

bugOlugs
17-03-2008, 12:12 PM
:D

If there's nothing to hide, stop being so defensive!!!

I'm going nowhere (fast!) with this.... New to this forum, one of the first posts I read was Stuart's "And, I would like to add, this website does not support or allow the advertising or discussion of any pirated goods" which, for me, raised a question.

I accept Stuart and the site admin team were unaware of the 'non-official' products being sold. :o That's possible. I now learn from Sam these matters have been dealt with already. Some time ago I presume...

All software, including VagTacho comes with a clear copyright warning.

Edit - this was written at the same time as Stuart's above post.

Eshrules
17-03-2008, 12:33 PM
:D

If there's nothing to hide, stop being so defensive!!!

Any company would be naturally defensive, when a member publicly questions matters such as this, which relate directly to their products (past or present).

I would doubt anyone who suggests otherwise.

My position has been made clear, with the forum owner, administration team and those who raised the issue.

As far as I am concerned, there is nothing further to add, nor discuss.

stuart
17-03-2008, 12:45 PM
The "site" is not being "defensive", or do we have anything to hide! I am trying to get a straight answer to the issues you have. ;)

We have no control over sales on Ebay... As we do not sell the items, we, the Administration, have no idea what copyright statements come with the software.

If people from this site wish to sell items on Ebay, then as a site, whilst we do not agree with this, we have no control over it, that includes members of this site. We do have control of things on this site!

The size of this website, we are unable to check every item, post or thread, so we appreciate it when things are brought to our attention. That way we can act.

As far as I am aware all issues relating to involvement of this site have been resolved now, so the matter is closed. BUT,

If you know of anything please contact me by PM with detail, and links and we will act. If you do not have any issues, then why keep this going on....

Stuart

bugOlugs
17-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Perhaps 'eshrules' may want to change his animated advertisement from the bottom of each of his posts..... Which clearly advertises VagTacho. Before F.A.S.T pick it up. :o

Eshrules
17-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Perhaps 'eshrules' may want to change his animated advertisement from the bottom of each of his posts..... Which clearly advertises VagTacho. Before F.A.S.T pick it up. :o

my banner is currently being edited, for accuracy and to avoid further confusion, it is now removed whilst editing is completed.

I would ask you to either state your intentions clearly, PM Stuart or leave this thread be now, as it appears to be going no where.

Stu, you have PM.

stuart
17-03-2008, 01:11 PM
I agree, this is going nowhere just round in circles, AND winding people up, if you have issues do as I say, CONTACT ME BY PM! If not move on! I will not ask again

Matter now closed, as is this thread!