PDA

View Full Version : What stereo have you got ? Audi or not

nutter1980
11-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Thinking of taking out the concert system and replace it with somthing a bit better, MP3 or WMA compatable.

Have you changed yours? If so what have you got?

Plus , is it easy to upgrade your speakers and tweaters ?

StuPDi
11-03-2008, 01:13 PM
i got the concert system and very happy with it.
added a Harmon/Keddon icelink for the i-pod. it' way cool. got a nice display and full function wheel all mounted on a fitted pod by the console:)

Stu

blicky_1
11-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Thought about changing my Symphony II but to be honest it's to much hassle/cost, going to get an Ipod link kit, cheaper and easier + everything will still match....

StuPDi
11-03-2008, 02:00 PM
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb236/stu6963/28122007344.jpg

Stu

dansansome
11-03-2008, 02:35 PM
[being nosey]whats the rocker switch for?[/being nosey]

:)

inertia
11-03-2008, 02:43 PM
I have a symphony 2 in my cupboard still, whcih i removed to fit one of these :

http://www.carhifionline.net/scripts/pv/1147/PIONEER:_DEH-P55BT_CD_MP3_PLAYER_WITH_BLUETOOTH.html

i made an adapter to fit it to my 1/2 amped system and it sounds great, plu snow i have MP3 on CD support, and bluetooth hands free which pauses my music when i get a call, which is what i wanted.

The head unit has many different backlight colours you cna choose, it ha sa red which matches the audi dash perfectly.

james1978
11-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Not sure if your interested, but I have an Alpine IVA D300 7" mororised touchscreen DVD/CD player with Ipod interface, remote control, and boxed with instructions, delivered to your door for £295. :Blush2: Came out of my last car, but I am sticking with my Audi one in my new car!!

PM me if you would like some pictures!! :beerchug:

nickynibbles
11-03-2008, 04:09 PM
I've currently got the concert II but I have a parcel waiting for me at home containing a double din cage ready to do the conversion from single din so I can have the RNS-e instead!

inertia
11-03-2008, 04:12 PM
I've currently got the concert II but I have a parcel waiting for me at home containing a double din cage ready to do the conversion from single din so I can have the RNS-e instead!

iv eseen these cages on ebay and cionsidered it, however, where are you gettting the new climate control pannel from ? and how much is that costing you ?

I coudl get a very nice touchscreen carputer in if i could convert to double Din.

nickynibbles
11-03-2008, 04:28 PM
iv eseen these cages on ebay and cionsidered it, however, where are you gettting the new climate control pannel from ? and how much is that costing you ?

I coudl get a very nice touchscreen carputer in if i could convert to double Din.

I've bought my cage from vagparts as they charged £28+delivery, i've seen the ebay ones too which inc delivery come to about £44 which is about £10 more! Im not replacing my climate control unit as its actually not necessary! I'll be doing the often favoured trick of filing down the sides of the existing climate control unit to get the more tapered edge needed to fit the unit just above the ashtray. The whole process looks a little scary as you have to take a lot of the car apart but as long as you keep track of all the screws & bolts it should go fine! The instructions i'll be using to do the conversion are found here (http://www.harddrive.plus.com/Documents/A4/Installing%20Sat%20Nav%20in%20A4.pdf), they're very detailed so have confidence I can do it!!

inertia
11-03-2008, 06:44 PM
I've bought my cage from vagparts as they charged £28+delivery, i've seen the ebay ones too which inc delivery come to about £44 which is about £10 more! Im not replacing my climate control unit as its actually not necessary! I'll be doing the often favoured trick of filing down the sides of the existing climate control unit to get the more tapered edge needed to fit the unit just above the ashtray. The whole process looks a little scary as you have to take a lot of the car apart but as long as you keep track of all the screws & bolts it should go fine! The instructions i'll be using to do the conversion are found here (http://www.harddrive.plus.com/Documents/A4/Installing%20Sat%20Nav%20in%20A4.pdf), they're very detailed so have confidence I can do it!!

thanks for this info, i might take on this task myself, ive seen blimate control units on ebay for £100 isha nd i coudl pull the same back for my one, maybe a little less, so i think iel actualy get the cc pannel rather than file it down

StuPDi
13-03-2008, 03:16 PM
[being nosey]whats the rocker switch for?[/being nosey]

:)

it's coz i'm an amateur and when i installed the nokia bluetooth kit i couldn't find an ignition switched feed from the stereo!!!!

so the rocker switch now turns on a fourbank aux socket that controls the ipod kit, satnav charger, roadangel and now got some underdash red mood lighting yet to be fitted to go in the spare one!!!

looks a bit ugly and crap :( but it serves it's purpose!!!!

Stu

dansansome
13-03-2008, 03:36 PM

i used to love fitting my own switches for stuff in my old cars. i had sub-amp on off switches (in an effort to be considerate to anyone on the rear seats), neon underlighting (the shame :Blush2:), and some other pointless crap i thought i needed in my first car.

lol, you live and learn i guess...

StuPDi
13-03-2008, 04:33 PM
really dint want an ugly switch there, but as sed, it purely functional. nice that 1 switch controls everything though :)

Stu