PDA

View Full Version : swirl mark and fine scratch removal

kronk10
10-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Hi i need help i am working on a black audi 80 with the most awfull black paint i might be buying the car so i want to try to get the paint up. Its bad evrywhere but mainly on the bonnet roof and boot lid. Iam a valater but i mostly do motorhomes and my simple machine polisher is only a single speed. I have tried to machine polish it today it looks better but is still not right, i applied g3 by hand then wet my applicator pad on my polisher and whent at it. so far its left more swirl marks in the spoiler, is there a method to machine polishing i need to know how to use it proper. And would wet flatting the car help and if so what do you use to bring the shine back up after a wet flat any ideas pls i will get pics tommorow:zx11:

Crasher
10-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Farecla G3, then G10 (both with a power mop if possible) followed by 3M Imperial Hand Glaze and then Zymol Carbon wax.

kronk10
10-03-2008, 11:59 PM
I dont have a power mop and i only have a g3 i dont do much detailing as i clean motorhomes not cars so my equipment is quite different as most of the motorhomes are white.i have a basic polisher but the heads knackered so i cant replace the head. i have only been doing the car for about an hour when i get some free time tomoz i will go at it again with pics. this is by far the biggest job i have had to do on a so i will take my time???

Crasher
11-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Colour Magic black then.

kimandsally
24-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Colour Magic black then.

Does colour magic actually work then? I tried some on a very small area of my bonnet to try to help some stone chips and I was not impressed, maybe I did something wrong?

Crasher
24-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Stone chips no, swirl marks on dark colours yes.