PDA

View Full Version : Service costs/intervals

Brandenburger
10-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the advice, interesting point on using the independent rather than the main dealer but this can knock a £1000+ off at resale ? how old is your car ? as suggested i will contact audi over the service.

Thanks.

sabai dee
13-03-2008, 10:13 PM
It is a 2004 a3 2.o td. To be honest I am not happy with the local audi dealer. I have taken the car back several times during the warranty period for software upgrades and other faults including a new dash that was fitted a few months ago. Now out of warranty I have a fan problem which means the fan runs continuously and the batt is now flat. I took the car back to the main dealer and they were not very helpful apart from booking it in. I am looking at spending hundreds to get it repaired. Main dealer is ok until the warranty runs out and then your better going elsewhere. With regards to losing £1000 on the resale I have no idea but I was told if the garage that does the service is reputable and vat reg it doesnt really make any difference. He uses gen audi spare on the service. Hope this helps

Brandenburger
15-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks for replying,sorry to hear of the problems your having ,with my previous car Audi A4 i always used an independent as it was out of warranty and like you say less expensive than main dealers not to mention 10minutes drive away from me, but i have not been to Audi Leeds yet so will see how they are, if the A3 proves to be as reliable as the A4 was i will be happy.

Thanks.