PDA

View Full Version : check coolant STOP

pnuckched
25-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for having a look at my thread and if possible give me suggestion.

Car Spec : VW Golf GTi (150 bhp) 2001

I just had a full servicing done from VW garage (Ridgeway) in Reading.

After they done an inspection,the car was running short in coolant and thus they top up it with some mixture of addictive and water.

Later, while driving, it started beeping and a flashing message went on the dashboard Check coolant "STOP"

Another thing, I noticed was that the temperature gauge went up to 100 degrees which means it`s overheating or not normal.

Therefore, I checked the coolant level and it was on the right marking.

I call VW garage to enquire about this problem and was told it needs advanced diagnostics.

Could anyone tell me if it is something to do with the engine, ecu or sensors.

Thanks again

adamss24
26-11-2006, 04:14 AM
Did they overfilled the tank ? The cooling system is pressurised and when its overfilled the valve built in the cap will open and will drip inside the low level sensor under the tank and will corode/foul the conectors and thats why the false alarms. Another thing to do is when the engine is cold, remove the header tank cap and have someone run at fast iddle and watch for bubbles in the coolant. Then, before the water temp goes to the 70/80 mark replace the cap and watch when the thermostat opens, the needle will go down a little and you will hear the fan kick-in. Let cool down for half an hour and check the coolant level.