PDA

View Full Version : Some one please help me am so confused here in Egypt about my jetta

schatten
10-03-2008, 12:10 AM
First of all hi everyone, i do live in cairo, Egypt ...... i have Jetta 1983 model but i changed the motor & the automatic gear box to golf one model of 1990

i have a problem with my gear box .... what type of oil do i have to use???

the mechanic saying you have to change the oil from time to time to renew your gear box oil you have to put it from the measurment stick Hydrometric oil and then go to a gas station to change the valvoline where it is located at the bottom of the gear box cover "bottom of the car"

others says its only 1 oil to be changed its valvoline and some says its only Hydrometric oil easy to be done from the measurment stick of the gear box sooooo now where i should go & what to do????

Please help if you know what i should do??

mr brightside
16-03-2008, 01:46 AM
an auto box has 2 types of oil. the first type makes the car move when you press the gas pedal and should not need changing like engine oil, just make sure the level is always right. note that the filter for this oil will need inspecting for gunk. use automatic transmission fluid/AT fluid, sometimes the same as power steering fluid, if it's low. the second type is conventional gear oil which can only be checked by removing the filler plug and trying to add some more, if it comes back out it's full. i suggest you get a Haynes manual, they're worth their weight in gold!