PDA

View Full Version : High Fuel consumption/Strange Fuel gage

mkpp786
25-11-2006, 01:53 AM
Hey every 1, :D

i was looking around on the net to solve my problem, and i found this brilliant site and i thought i would register and ask you people for a solution! :1zhelp:

I have a 2001 VW Golf MK 4 GT TDI 115 bhp, and when i got it a few months ago it was easily giving me 45-55 MPG ( brought with FVWSH)

Unfortunaty within the last few weeks this has dramatically dropped! even as low as 25MPG! once ive even hit 20MPG!! as you can imagine im losing a lot of money.

Ive had the car serviced last week (Not VW, but by another mechanic) and i thought that this would do the job, unfortunatly not! The car runs smooth and perfect.. but no change in Fuel Consumption :(

to add to this.. my fuel gage(which tells me my current fuel status) seems to move.. one minute it would move to the left dramatically and then the next it will creep back up very very slowly, and this is when im driving very sensibly!

Do any of you know what the problem could be and how it can be sorted? i would really appreciate any help or advice given (inc cost if poss)

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE LONG ESSAY I HAVE WRITTEN, BUT PLEASE :1zhelp:

THANKSSSSS

MKpp786