PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 54Reg - Replacement Stereo - loss of sound in rear speakers

Spikey
09-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Hello Guys :biglaugh:

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out. I installed a Pioneer headunit in my Audi A3 as I needed/wanted Ipod & bluetooth handsfree.

I bought the required adaptor lead (I don't think it's from Autoleads) for the audi so sound would go to the rear speakers via the pinoeer headunit's rear pre-outs. When I originally got the lead the pins were on the wrong end of the adaptor plug, I changed these around and sound now comes through the rear speakers.

But the sound is alot lower in volume then if i plug back in the original unit (Audi Concert) back in which is perfect. The remote seems to switch on/off the amp.

Sound from the front speakers is fine, I hand a look at the pin-out on the concert radio and noticed CAN-L, CAN-H & CD-GND are not used in the lead. Are these specific for the concert unit?

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
John

richard340
26-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi can you please advise what lead you used? I have fitted a Bluespot radio to my A3 Sport 2007 with Concert radio, not Bose
I have no sound from rears, have connected pre outs to rear line in but suspect the rear amp, which I think is near rear left speaker has no 12V.
Any idea where I can get a wiring diagram?
What happens with yours if you adjust the front/rear balance?
Do you know if the Sport has a rear bass speaker in the boot?
Richard.

woodsey
07-06-2009, 11:06 PM
I have just done mine and cannot get a high volume out the rear speakers can some one pm me with some tips about changing head units please newbie to the forums so hello all

slimbaldy
12-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Hi can you please advise what lead you used? I have fitted a Bluespot radio to my A3 Sport 2007 with Concert radio, not Bose
I have no sound from rears, have connected pre outs to rear line in but suspect the rear amp, which I think is near rear left speaker has no 12V.
Any idea where I can get a wiring diagram?
What happens with yours if you adjust the front/rear balance?
Do you know if the Sport has a rear bass speaker in the boot?
Richard.
54 plate sport models have the blaupunkt bass speaker in the rear near side quarter.

woodsey
13-06-2009, 05:26 PM
dont think i got the base speaker in mine jsut 2 rear speakers will go and have a lookt hough