PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Feed Caddy Van

Dairyman
09-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi,

Am trying to figure out the easiest and most logical place to get an ignition feed to fit phone kit. Am putting in 2006 caddy vans with RCD 300. It the heated rear window feed easiest to feed off.

Any ideas will be a help.

Thanks,
William

kenney
09-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi Fuses 2 3 10 16 are all terminal 15 voltage

m0cea
09-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Most fixed carkits don't require the ignition unless you require the feature of turning off the phone.
From memory the Nokia bluetooth ones automaticly turm off 3 minutes after they loose connection with the phone.

I use to fit phones on fleet vehicles and we never used the ignition sense as no one wanted the features and when we do we usualy went back to remove it.

Dairyman
09-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks. I am going to leave this van as it is. The Telemute kit has the ignition feed and the permanent live together. The lad that has the van just done is a techno **** so pairing and unpairing will be fun!!! Still a kit is provided if he is done... I like my phone on auto answer especially when getting in and out a lot so would have liked the ignition sense for this reason.

passat1.8T
10-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Hi,

Am trying to figure out the easiest and most logical place to get an ignition feed to fit phone kit. Am putting in 2006 caddy vans with RCD 300. It the heated rear window feed easiest to feed off.

Any ideas will be a help.

Thanks,
William

Ive just had to do this and found a switched live in the fuse box, was simple to put in a wire and inline fuse