PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 2.0TDI sound system

jasw
08-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi, guys. i need some advice. I just bought a new audi a3 2.0TDI 53 reg. Its got the original audi deck and system inside. But i want to add a subwoofer to the deck, but want to keep the original deck. I was thinking of a 10" sub or something. But can i hook up a standard sub to the audi deck? Cos i like the original deck, and want to keep it!

Teg
08-03-2008, 04:13 PM
I replaced the standard sub with a focal sub and box.

I have the factory sub, so if you can find out if you can install it. I am willing to give it to you for a fair price. Just PM me and make an offer.

Regards,

Teg

jasw
08-03-2008, 06:31 PM
wts a focal sub?

also, how big is the factory sub? Because i already have the upgraded sound system, but i just want a big sub to put in the boot and PUMP THE BASS!

Teg
08-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Focal is the name of the manufacturer. I originally had a Pioneer sub in there as the inital replacement but it was not very good so replaced it with the Focal back in the middle of January.

The sub is a quite big plastic enclosed unit. Is your A3, 3 door or 5 door (Sportback?). My car is 3 door and was housed behind the left hand panel of the boot.

I will take some photos tomorrow and note down the dimensions for you.

Teg

00161wj
08-03-2008, 08:31 PM
You can use your Audi headunit. Youll have to buy an adapter for your headunit though but i normally just wire into the rear speakers.