PDA

View Full Version : RCD 500 prpblem

flyone1
06-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I bough an RCD 500 radio/cd player on ebay.When it arrived well packed and when I came to fit to the car the radio work ok but cd player gives an error that an mechnical problem . Has antone come across this problem.

A.V.A.G.O
13-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi
Have you got this problem sorted ? I too have an RCD 500 and the radio works but it will not load cd's, I thought it might be the transit lock.

as you look at the front of the unit press the and hold the following for 5 sec's

bottom left ----middle right and the eject button. the other buttons are where you select the cd.

But with mine this did not work. and I dont know if the radio should be on or off.
I got mine of ebay too but the seller wont take the unit back or offer a refund as he say's " he described it as un-tested " So I need to get it sorted or it will prove to be a very expensive door stop. Does anyone have the service maunal or instructions for the RCD500 they can send me ?
AVAGO:1zhelp:

flyone1
13-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Hi,
I tried all that but gave up and went to a repair shop and was informed it needed a new cd changer section at a cost of £180.00 plus vat.
So I'll need to strip it down myself when time time permittits.As for service manual I am still looking for one.
Flyone1