PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking Woes!

joshhill
06-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Firstly, I'd just like to apologise if this is answered elsewhere, but after much searching this appears to be a strange situation!

I have a '01 Golf 3 Door with 'noisy' type locks. For some time I have noticed that the drivers door lock module is failing, ie, the headlight warning buzzer doesn't come on, nor does the drivers door puddle light.

Although I've been aware of this problem it hasn't really worried me enough to address it yet. However, yesterday I had a flat battery, since changing that, the car is fine, but I can no longer use the remote to unlock the passenger door or boot. The drivers door opens as normal with one click of the remote, but double clicking the remote no longer unlocks the remaining doors. The remote still locks all doors, and all doors can be unlocked by inserting the key into the drivers door or using the interior central locking button.

I'm worried their may be some connection with the battery going flat and the remote not functioning fully, or if it's just a coincidence and perhaps a further effect of the drivers door module beginning to fail. Any help would be massively appreciated, moneys a little too tight to be throwing it at diagnostic work at the moment.