PDA

View Full Version : a3 18t jerkyness??

purplea318t
23-11-2006, 04:56 PM
hi guys,

hope you can help. i have had my a3 for 18 mths now, it has been fine. But now when i lift the throttle in say first or second, it jerks, like its violent shut off the power. well i say violent, it makes the car jump a little. i have not checked any fault codes yet, but it i have read elsewhere that it could be the valves around the turbo.?? Any ideas?
will be getting the vag com on it on sat. hopefully it will shed a bit more light.

it still goes well you just have to be on the throttle.

cheers again

martyn

greglogan
07-12-2006, 12:46 AM
Hi

I have a similar problem. Did you have any joy getting sorted?

Greg.

curiousgeorge
21-12-2006, 08:12 PM
I get this with mine, but only recently. I put it down to the cold weather and it being due for a service in 300 miles. It's OK once it warms up though.

George

RickT
23-12-2006, 12:42 PM
this could be a number of little things... first of all i would get it onto VAG-COM and see if anything has been logged..

could be the intake on the turbo which needs a good clean but i would not really think that...

Let us know once you have the codes.

Cheers

RickT

giles buchanan
25-02-2008, 12:03 PM
hi ive just posted a very similar thred have you had any joy

Space Cadet
25-02-2008, 01:54 PM
I used to have a 1.8T GTI and it did this for a while lifting of the throttle after full load, seem to remember it being the engine over-fuelling under load, see the other similar post - would be worth having the mapping sorted out.

And also it might be the dump-valve diaphragm, the DV is something that you would be able to replace yourself, if you fancy upgrading (especially if you’ve had the engine re-mapped) go for a recirculating type, try Forge.