PDA

View Full Version : a3 2.0 fsi: idling funny

yarhoo
05-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Ive got a 2.0 FSI on an 03 plate with 70,000 miles (later end new model). Just had the engine light come on so took it to garage. £450 later new throttle body. Paid for car repairs set about my way... 200 yards later... ECU light on again. 2 days later and £270 more out of pocket EGR valve replaced.
The car has now started idleing funny (although i was led to believe that this was a sympton of the EGR valve) it is now back. Anybody able to advise only my wallet is feeling the strain!

revo_20vt
06-03-2008, 10:11 AM
When you say idleing funny, are the revs going up and down when the car is sat idleing? Will it sometimes stall when stopping at a junction?? :dunno:

yarhoo
06-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Hi Revo_20vt
its reving up to approx 1100 and after a while will settle down to 750 only to rev back up again.
It seems to be that the fan is kicking in (even when not hot). I Had new fans fitted 6 months ago after 6months of constant diagnostics. Could it be the temp sender or something similar. The ECU hasn't came on but the car is driving me mad!:aargh4:

revo_20vt
06-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Ive had a few problems with dodgy idleing on cars which was down to the idle control valve needing cleaning out or replaced, After reading a few posts on here I have seen a few about dodgy fans that don't turn off after switching car off which results in a flat battery:zx11: not sure if that is happening to you? Is it your A/C fan that is kicking in?

yarhoo
06-03-2008, 12:07 PM
To be honest revo im not too sure.
The fan turns off when the ignition is off. If i turn the engine off and restart the problem goes away for a few minutes but always comes back. I drove to work this morning with the fan (whichever one it is) on all the way.
I spoke to the garge that have been dealing with the car, They mentioned that it could be the AC. The problem is even when this is turned off the problem occurs. There gonna let me take it in for a quick diagnostics so fingers crossed ill know more next week. Till then it looks like the pedal bikes gonna get a run out!

revo_20vt
06-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Ok yarhoo, well keep me posted because I will be intrested to know what they say the problem is.:bigok:

yarhoo
06-03-2008, 12:41 PM
will do revo,