PDA

View Full Version : Brokers

Moodshadow
05-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi,

I've been looking to change my old Laguna for a while and was looking at the S-line Special Edition until wind of the new model came about.

Now I'm looking for the new S-line 170 2.0 TDi which I know is available July time.

My local dealers are not budging on the price but one or two internet brokers are offering discounts, one of which has "committed" to honouring the price (OK they are not offering the 170 yet).

Was wondering if any of you have ordered your A4 via anything other than dealer networks direct and if so have you any comments?

Thanks,

gilesw08
05-03-2008, 01:37 PM
I got a price from autobytel which was about £1200 off list price. I basically used this as a bargaining tool at my local audi garage and managed to get £1000 off. This was at the end of the month though and obviously the dealer had targets to hit! :D
I have used brokers before though with success. If your audi dealer really isnt budging on price its well worth going through the broker.

Moodshadow
05-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks, did you not look at Motorlogix, they are offering around £2500-£3000 off depending on what options you add?

I've looked at 3 or 4 different ones and they are coming up the best at the moment.

Bloater
05-03-2008, 02:19 PM
I got quotes from loads of brokers for my new A4 SE. However, I then used this as a starting point for the dealer, and although on the first visit he wouldn't move, he rang me back, and asked me to come back

On my return visit the starting point was 10% discount, so over £2000. Its worth being prepared I guess.

Good luck.

Bloater

Moodshadow
05-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback

alexcf
05-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Hi,

I got mine from Arval, the guy I'm dealing with is a guy called Ross Marvell... Email is ross.arval at arval.co.uk.

Well worth it, they have super buying power and maybe could be able to sort you out with a deal. Just say Alex from NetSumo sent you over.

Foringo
05-03-2008, 09:47 PM
I always tabulate all of the Brokers prices on a Excel spread sheet, print this off and take this in to the Dealer. They can see you have done your homework and won't get fobbed off with the usual lame 'no discounts' available story. If they don't match your best price then just buy from a reputable Broker anyway & only part with money directly to the Audi Dealer, but invariably they will match it (this time included). Although it's less commission for the Salesman, it's still money in their pocket....you normally just have to put up with the usual wait while they get the approval of some mythical Senior Sales Manager in the back office (do they actually exist?).

Moodshadow
06-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Funnily enough I've already done that (the spreadsheet thing).
Will bear in mind both, thanks for your feedback