PDA

View Full Version : Tyres for Audi A3

Rixy75
04-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Afternoon all,

Any suggestions on tyres for a Audi A3 2.0 FSI (205/55 V 16). I need all 4 and are the internet sites worth using?

prolfe
04-03-2008, 11:24 PM
you should of had a look about this forum and you'd of seen a few ideas for your tyres.

Etyres are excellent.

try conti Sport 2's or Bridgstone Potenza's

both last long and offer great grip dry or wet

as i said though, search the forum

Moodshadow
05-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi,

I have just changed my rear tyres on my A3, using Blackcircles. They are slightly cheaper than Etyres, depending on where you are located, and I had a mobile fitter too ( I know etyres are purely mobile).

They also give loyalty discounts so you save on subsequent purchases. This is the second time I've used them, replacing Pirelli Pzero's.

I'm no expert but told that the conti sport 2's are not much better than the Pirelli's I have.

Rixy75
05-03-2008, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the advice,

I have ordered the four Continental Sport 2's through etyres and hopefully they will be done in the morning. I went to the local kwik Fit just to see how many tyres I needed. The fitter tried to convince me not to use the internet sites as they are notorious for "bad service". I think he was just trying to drum up the business because currently he is the only person to discourage the service.

Moodshadow
05-03-2008, 04:42 PM
They are losing business hand over fist, no problems using internet services from here so far....

Rixy75
05-03-2008, 05:01 PM
I not surprised Moonshadow, I was ripped off by kwik fit years ago and swear I will never use them again! Only went there yesterday to get confirmation which tyres required before i ordered online. Comparing kwik fit with Etyres and Black circle then it can be clearly seen that going online is no brainer!

Thanks again for the advice.

prolfe
05-03-2008, 09:01 PM
etyres are very good. You get a call to let you know within an hour slot during the day, and they call if they are gonna be late.

I have used them for about 4 years now.