PDA

View Full Version : A4 phone prep problem

MrGimlet
04-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Hello all,

I have searched through the form and elsewhere on the interweb and am unable to find an answer.

I have just bought an 05 A4 and although the bluetooth connection works ok and I am able to retrieve the phone book from the SIM on my phone (Sony K810i), the sound for the phone doesn't work (althought the microphone does). i.e. when in call they can hear me but I cannot hear them.

The radio mutes as it should when in-call.

When receiving an incoming call I can't hear any audiable ring. It is as if the volume is turned down. I have tried pressing Menu on the stereo when in-call but you can only choose L / R L+R speakers.

If you try and turn up the volume when in-call nothing happens.

Have any of you seen this before? Is it a fault do you think?

Thanks all!!!

Cheers,
Dan

Andyuk911
05-03-2008, 09:45 AM
This sounds like a compatibility problem with Blue tooth. I had this with a parrot system.

You need to search out Craigb on Tyresmoke he is an expert on this ..

MrGimlet
05-03-2008, 10:41 AM
great thank you! its graigyb i assume. i have emailed him. cheers!! I'll try with another phone in the mean time.

MrGimlet
06-03-2008, 01:08 PM
hmm can't be a compatibility thing as i have just bought a cradle for that phone. the silly man at the audi shop told me that buying a cradle would DEFINITELY fix this problem. Didn't seem right to me as it uses teeth anyway.. if any of you have any ideas they would be greatfully received. it is going back to the shop next week but i'd like to sort it if i can.

cheers!

Andyuk911
06-03-2008, 02:49 PM
As I said, seen this before and was down to firmware of the phone.

If he is so sure, set him up to prove