PDA

View Full Version : Remote Central Locking Kit

labarnes
04-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Hello, I've just fitted a replacement 4AO 862 257J Bi-pressure pump to my '95 A4 and I'm delighted that I have central locking again. Now I'd like to take it a step further and buy a Remote Central Locking kit. Ideally I would want the fob to remotely lock the car and shut the windows (like the key does), as well as providing a way to insert my existing key into the fob. Then even better, make the indicators flash when the car is locked (if possible).
I've see a few cheap kits (£20) on ebay that say they would do the job (except the indicators), but none of them look like they are designed to slot into the Bi-pressure pump and I don't even know if it is possible to put the standard key (9mm x 45mm) in to a flip style fob.
Has anyone had managed any experience in doing this? Can anyone recommend a good RCL kit please?
Kind Regards.
Lee

ini
04-03-2008, 01:22 PM
Most of the keyless entry kits on ebay simply splice into the drivers door signal in the central locking loom, so they operate all your currently selected central locking options, just like your key or remote.

There are a few that have a connectors to allow 'plug n play', but they do not look like Audi remotes.

Most of the kits are a 15min job to splice in, with a minimum of 4 wires.

I can recommend these kits:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110223565116&ih=001&category=75329

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120221188482&ih=002&category=75329

You will have to visit an auto-locksmith and get your 'static code' immobiliser capsule cloned (£12-£20, small glass pill inside every key for ignition) and a new blade cut.

nathanj
04-03-2008, 02:26 PM
These central locking questions keep coming up (and I know that I'm responsible for it a couple of times!)

There should be a sticky thread with all the information on.

Ini: How about updating your FAQ and getting it made sticky? It would save you repeating the same information over and over!

ini
04-03-2008, 02:32 PM
That is not a bad idea, i made no mention of the 8D0 pumps, and some of the info is incorrect & out of date.

I am also starting to feel like a 'Rightclick' salesman. lol

labarnes
04-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Cheers ini. I think I'll go for one of those items. I'll get the blank keys cut to match my original and I'll get a cloned transponder and keep my original as the spare.
I've got a quote from main dealer of £200 to clone the immobiliser transponder, so I'd be VERY grateful if someone could advise me where to get this done much cheaper?
Thanks again!

nathanj
04-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Yeah, you should be on comission!

If you update the FAQ, any chance you could include some more detail on how you changed your base code with VAG-COM? Something like the info you gave me the other day (I'm waiting for a new laptop before I can try it out). Possible problems might be useful.