PDA

View Full Version : Audi s3 225, lost some power

gjonesy51
03-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Hi, I recently bought a 2002 (225hp) Audi s3 with 58k miles on the clock. For around 500 miles it drove fine. However, I am now noticing that it seems to of lost quite a bit of power, perhaps around 1/3rd. It could just be me but I think the car sounds a bit more muffled. However, the exhaust doesnt sound broken/holed when driving with the window open.

It starts fine and seems smooth enough upon idle. I can hear the turbo spin and feel it kick in when I attempt to accelerate at around 2000revs. The car feels like it struggles more throughout the rev range but it is most noticable at higher revs (above 3500ish) the power doesnt drop off, but it feels like its struggling more for acceleration. I cant think what the problem could be but it is annoying me a lot since i am paying insurance/petrol of a fast car but dont really have one any more! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have seen a lot of talk about a MAF sensor? Could this be the problem does anyone think, although it does idle smoothly enough? I'm not that experienced with working on cars but would fancy giving any fixes a go because i'm scared of the massive bill audi would most likely give me! Does anyone think it could be the N75 that is jammed or something, since it does feel like there is turbo power but maybe just not enough at higher revs?

Thanks,

Gareth