PDA

View Full Version : Window Tints for S5

Audi S5 Owner
03-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Can anyone recommend a company to tint my windows on my new S5 ?

Regards

Simon

Century
24-03-2008, 03:17 PM
I know a ot of tint companies, where are you?

Audi S5 Owner
24-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK

my08s5
26-03-2008, 09:01 PM
I got my S5 4 months ago and just decide to tint my windows last week. I ran into a problem that I like to share it with you. After the windows tint job done, none of the speakers work. The CD, Radio, MAP, everything work except sound. I asked the shop owner and he said this happen all the time... just wait for the car dry everything will work. It had been a week and I still have the problem. I will bring back to the tint shop for them to take a look before bring my car back to dealer to get it fix. I am not sure this will cover under warranty, I think the water damage the amp.

So, if you decide to tint your windows, make sure this doesn't happen to you. I will post the out come of this later.

Century
26-03-2008, 10:16 PM
I got my S5 4 months ago and just decide to tint my windows last week. I ran into a problem that I like to share it with you. After the windows tint job done, none of the speakers work. The CD, Radio, MAP, everything work except sound. I asked the shop owner and he said this happen all the time... just wait for the car dry everything will work. It had been a week and I still have the problem. I will bring back to the tint shop for them to take a look before bring my car back to dealer to get it fix. I am not sure this will cover under warranty, I think the water damage the amp.

So, if you decide to tint your windows, make sure this doesn't happen to you. I will post the out come of this later.

Take the bill to the tint shop.
Sometimes accidents can occur but its up to the tint shop to rectify it.
it should of been sorted before you left. Yes water does dry out but it also causes damage and that needs repairing.

Century
26-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Can anyone recommend a company to tint my windows on my new S5 ?

Regards

Simon

Try
tintdude.com
They have a area map of tint shops.

my08s5
09-04-2008, 08:30 PM

I finally brought my S5 to dealer and had them look at. First, they couldn't find the problems why there are no sound come out my stereo. They contact Audi Tech support and the first thing the tech ask "...did the back window tinted?..." the answer is yes. The tech said that when the tint shop tint the back window, water run down in the back and right on top of the booster AMP, that is the cause of the problems. Audi dealer told me that it will cost $1725 for part and labor to replace the AMP. I then contact the tint shop and let them know the cost. The tint shop said that they will take care the bill after the replacement of the AMP is done. Right now I am still waiting for part. I will give you a new update after the tint shop paid my bill.

So, if you want to tint your S5, please don't make the same mistake that I make and make sure let your shop know this happen to many S5 that tint their windows.