PDA

View Full Version : Hi all Audi Owners

Audi S5 Owner
03-03-2008, 08:50 PM
I took delivery of my fully spec'd Audi S5 in Brilliant Black - LOVE IT !!

I haven't even switched on the B&O 14 speaker / 10 amp sound system yet as I just love listening to the engine !!

I am having the ECU unlocked next Monday by REVO in Daventry to release the full potential of the V8 - hopefully should get similar performance to the R8 with NO electronic speed limiter - not that I interested in testing this aspect of the performance, unless I get an opportunity to try it out in Germany in the future !!

I am feelin a little self conscious at the moment as everyone stops to look wherever I drive - can't even drive past unnoticed due to the beautiful engine note.

It has been a long wait - ordered in September 2007 and received March 1st 2008, although I did hold off taking delivery from when it became available in late January - best to get it on the new plate for increased residual values.

Wife not best pleased as I sold my Volvo V70 T5 (7 seater) for this gorgeous 4 seater and we have 3 kids....opps !!

Anyway, looking forward to hearing from other S5 owners

Happy driving

Simon

paul b
03-03-2008, 10:16 PM
I envy you. Fancy lending the car for an hour or so? :D
Perhaps you'll have to find a cheap A6/Passat 7 seater to keep wifey happy?
Best of luck with your new motor.
Paul

Audi S5 Owner
03-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi Paul,

Sorry - not even the wife will be allowed to drive the S5

She still has her car - Alfa 147 2.0 TS Lusso which is also fun to drive, but not a patch on the S5

Looking forward to the re-mapping - hopefully will end up with an R8 in disguise !?!?! :D

TTFN

Simon