PDA

View Full Version : oil warning light!!

gasandair
02-03-2008, 03:03 PM
hi all...

i have a problem with my A4 2.6 Quattro 1996.

the oil warning light stays on virtually all the time, i say almost as sometimes it goes out whilst i,m driving then when stop and turn the ignition off and on again it comes back on, it only comes on when the revs go over 1500 yet if it goes undrer 1500 say at a traffic light it goes out then comes back on when the revs go back up.

i've had the oil changed with new filter but problem persists, oil level is fine. i'm thinking it cuold be a sensor problem, any ideas would be welcome.

thanks.:confused:

Crasher
02-03-2008, 04:10 PM
You need to get an oil pressure test done. The sender is a pain to get at, it is on top of the oil filter housing extension on the sump.

gasandair
02-03-2008, 04:44 PM
cheers crasher...

is the sender your talking about the sensor?

is it a direct replacement or would it need cleaning?

what do you think the cost would be?

bit short of the old readies if you get my jist!!!

thanks again.:1zhelp:

Crasher
03-03-2008, 11:54 AM
The switch is on the left of the engine on the upper sump section above and behind the oil cooler. This is a 30v V6 2.4 I am just fixing a number of oil leaks on but it is almost the same. The switch on an up to 97 ABC engine is white and is part number 056 919 081 and costs 9.91 from Audi.

audivw
04-03-2008, 12:03 AM
could be the oil pump thats on it way out or blocked i try the pressure test done but before i went to the expence of changeing the oil pump i'd flush the system just in case the straner's neally blocked.