PDA

View Full Version : gamma radio help

carl_v64motion
02-03-2008, 02:45 PM
hi guy's i got my golf about a month ago but no stereo so i picked up a std gamma unit today, it plugged straight in to the dash and the connecters too, but no power so i checked the fuse in the back of the radio ie 10amp which was fine, i just checked the fuse ie number 42 thats fine too plus i know the radio works has the guy showed it working before i payed him.....none of the wiring to the back of the stereo has not been cut or tapped which makes me think this would be ok..... any help ???

kenney
02-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Hi I beleive you need an adapter

Sylvester
02-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Did you push the on switch? What are the colours of the wires in the black plug, if they are single colours (black, red, blue, orange, yellow) an adapter may already be fitted which has to be removed.

If black plug has wires with a secondary colour stripe ( with the exception of the brown) this should be the oem wiring. Do you have a 12v test lamp or meter, if so check for 2 constant +12v wires which will be the same colour and an ignition switched +12v.

On the radio casing there will be a plug wiring diagram, check the 2 constant +12v wires correspond to the + Ub terminal and + terminal which are next to each other, the ignition switched wire corresponds to the S- kont terminal on the radio.

I posted possible wire colours in this post

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=28763

carl_v64motion
02-03-2008, 10:30 PM
ok guys i'll pull out the stereo and check the colours to the plugs and keep you posted.... when the side lights are on the stereo lights up and when i remove the key the little light flashes so i dont think i'm far off getting it working.... thanks for the help.

Sylvester
02-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Looks like you are missing a constant +12v