PDA

View Full Version : problem with brake lights

gordycaddy
02-03-2008, 09:54 AM
I noticed the glow plug flashing as i was driving the other day on my caddy van 1999 and as soon as i put my foot on the brake it went off, since then it has been coming on intermittent and always going off when i brake, then i noticed i have no brake lights, i have checked the switch and that is working fine and i also checked the clutch switch while i was looking, the fuse looks fine and the bulbs look fine, what else is there to the brake light circuit? i really have no idea, any help would be great,

puddick
02-03-2008, 01:54 PM
prob the switch, even tho they work ok, they fail inside.

gordycaddy
02-03-2008, 02:33 PM
i replaced the switch straight away with a new one but it still hasnt fixed the problem, i also tested the old switch with a multimeter and it was working fine making and breaking contact :(

puddick
02-03-2008, 04:35 PM
iv done 2 caddys before that all the bulbs had blown at the same time, but its unlikly as the warning light is on, think you might have to be looking at the wiring, unless you can get someone to read the fault memory.

gordycaddy
02-03-2008, 05:26 PM
i had the memory read and it came up with intimittent signal to brake pedal switch ?

puddick
02-03-2008, 06:09 PM
sounds like wireing to the pedal, or a problem with pedal contact with he switch

gordycaddy
02-03-2008, 09:18 PM
would anyone have a wiring diagram for the brake lights of a caddy?