PDA

View Full Version : Golf Mk4 Gamma Radio Cassette Player

doriclad
21-11-2006, 07:04 PM
I am looking to purchase the Dension Ice Link Plus for my Ipod over the internet. I can get somebody to fit it at an extra charge. However I was wondering whether it easy enough to do it myself. Can anyone advise on how to remove the factory fitted Gamma radioin the Golf Mk4? I propose to get the dock cable which would run from the glove compartment to the CD connection on the back of the radio. Has anyone fitted this themselves?

Thanks

cumbriankeith
21-11-2006, 08:22 PM
It's dead easy to fit from the brief experience I've recently had with my Mk4 Golf - get the removal keys of eBay for a few quid, although the Haynes suggests you could use a couple of feeler blades - they would need to be the thicker ones tho. The connections at the back are all plug and play - feeding the cable to the glove box area is fiddly but no big deal.

doriclad
21-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Thanks for your reply. I've had a look and see the removal keys you mentioned.

When passing the cable thorugh to the glove compartment did you have to drill or cut a hole in the side?

cumbriankeith
21-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Not actually set anything up yet but was removing a previously fitted long CD changer cable.

The cable for the Ipod can be poked thro from the back of the head unit to the back top right of the footwell - then I reckon it can be fed into the glove box next to the hinge/stay area - at least it's only a thinnish cable.