PDA

View Full Version : Car is unsutable for doggin

jackie chan
21-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Yeah,that got your attention didnt it.Anyway,need some help please?My passenger seat in me car(2001 s3 audi)does not go back and forth.How easy is it to take out?What might have gone?(Spring at a guess)Is it easy enought to replace?Does anyone else think strictly come dancing is crap?
Thank you for your time fellas(And fellarettes)((Is the female of fellas fellarettes????I dont know))

adamss24
21-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Man, you're funny ! The seat rails have sliding bearings and the lining its plastic. With age, dust builds onto the ball bearings and the white grease cannot do its lubricating duty. The plastic lining wears out and jams the sliders. Look for foreign matter that might have fallen and could obstruct the smooth movement. To remove the seat, remove the metal clip under the seat in the middle. Then it will came off all the way. Unbolt the seatframes and replace.

jackie chan
24-11-2006, 10:17 AM
Dude,thanks for that.Will try and have a look at the weekend.Buggered if I'm taking it to audi,they will charge an arm and a leg.Need all me money for christmas as it is.No doubt the misses will require a new handbag as hers is a week old!!Women?Handbags?Dont get it?If men had to have handbags most of us would have tesco carrier bags.They are free,waterproof and can carry loads of crap.Might go a bit up market and get a Next off the shoulder number but that would be it.
Thanks again chief,i'll let ya know how i get on.

adamss24
24-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Yeah,that got your attention didnt it.Anyway,need some help please?My passenger seat in me car(2001 s3 audi)does not go back and forth.How easy is it to take out?What might have gone?(Spring at a guess)Is it easy enought to replace?Does anyone else think strictly come dancing is crap?
Thank you for your time fellas(And fellarettes)((Is the female of fellas fellarettes????I dont know))
Be carefull when disconecting the belt tensioners and see if the seats have airbags built in the side bolsters(should write airbag). If they are, better go to a garrage as they are explosive items. Disconect the battery 1/2 hour beffore attempting to remove seats and be preppared to go to a garrage to clear the airbag warning light and whatever fault codes are logged in the memory. The belt tensioners should have some yellow safety rings/switch that needs to be inserted into a notch on the igniter ! If in doubt buy a haynes repair manual, if there is one.

devonutopia
26-11-2006, 10:07 AM
I would have thought the front seats were irrelevant for car "activites" ?? ;)

Unless I need to do more research into this doggin' thing. :D

SmirnoffBlu
01-12-2006, 05:01 PM
At least i know what doggin is now... :beerchug:

:p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogging_(sexual_slang)

jackie chan
04-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks for your help fellas.Guess i better get the garage to do it as I dont want a balloon going off in me face.If I get some balls I'll give it a go.Warning light shouldnt be a problem though as I'll just take the bulb out.Alright,alright.I aint really.
As for the doggin bit,as the doggin haynes manual states(Chapter 4 section 8)the front seats need to be fully adjustable for this position as your risking a sprained thumb.
Can go onto the link for risk that it might be naughty and as this a works computer they might catch me and I'll get detention.Thanks though.

And,in case your wondering.The weather on my planet is just dandy....
Thanks again fellas.
keep em coming.

RickT
23-12-2006, 12:57 PM
STOP!!!!!

When you say the seat does not move... when you pull the leaver is there any feedback.. of does it feel like a cable is broke???

if you look down the side of the seat between the door sill... you will see a little metel clip which holds the cable onto the mechisam.. these come off quiet common... its a real simple fix.. if you unsure... look at your drivers seat and follow the cable...

Cheers

RickT