PDA

View Full Version : 20valve turo convertion

jungleboystu
01-03-2008, 01:58 AM
hi there ive got a mk 2 on a G plate 1.6 carb and i was debating about having the 20valve turbo engine out of the mk4 gti put in it and was just wonderig if anyone knows how much of a job it is or is it quite straight forward
cheers

Crasher
01-03-2008, 11:43 PM
A huge job. You would have to completely rebuild the running gear of the car from front to back. Your car has rear drums and tiny 239-mm front discs, no rear pressure regulator, no rear anti rill bar, etc etc.

jungleboystu
02-03-2008, 12:15 AM
ok cheers mate i am just in the process of putting rear discs on it at the moment at the pressure regulator, what sort of engine do u think i should go for then for a bit of power, a 1.8 8valve and have it chipped, turbo etc etc or would the turbo be better on the 16 valve

Crasher
02-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Firstly, don’t just fit rear discs; fit a GTI rear axle with it’s built in anti roll bar. Secondly you have lost me a bit, have you dropped the idea of a 1.8T conversion? If you want a 1.8 8v GTI engine, go and buy a 1.8 8v GTI as you should never build a car you can buy and chipping the PB engine as it is known, is utterly pointless unless it is modified to make more power with a 1.9 or 2.0 litre conversion. You have completely lost me on the turbo on the 16v valve bit, I’m not sure what your plan is.

jungleboystu
02-03-2008, 03:55 PM
na i ant dropped the idea or the 1.8t covertion, i'm just exploring what the posibilties are to be honset i'm not quite sure what i want just more power and something a bit different