PDA

View Full Version : VAG-COM on Vista

sooty
29-02-2008, 08:00 PM
I am using VAG-COM version 409-1 with Windows Vista however it keeps crashing.

The cable and port setting are all correct and it passes all the tests but the application just freezes and I have to close it via Task Manager.

Has anyone else had this problem with vista?

sooty
29-02-2008, 08:44 PM
I have found out the answer from the Ross-Tech website:
"We have been testing on Vista since December of 2006. Version 7xx of VAG-COM fully supports Vista (both Vista-32 and Vista-64) with a Vista-aware installer and appropriately signed USB drivers. We will not support any older versions of VAG-COM on Windows Vista."

I have OBD-II so it wont work with version 7 so here is the answer for everyone!

VAG-COM version 7 will only work with High Tech HEX, Key or Micro CAN cables.:aargh4:

Uwe@Ross-Tech
01-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Version 409.1 was released several years before Vista was available. We're good, but we're not clairvoyant.

Some people have managed to get it to work by telling Vista to run it in XP or W2K compatibility mode and also using "Run as Administrator" but none of that works consistently for us, hence the statement that it is "unsupported" on Vista.

-Uwe-

sooty
03-03-2008, 01:16 AM
Version 409.1 was released several years before Vista was available. We're good, but we're not clairvoyant.

Some people have managed to get it to work by telling Vista to run it in XP or W2K compatibility mode and also using "Run as Administrator" but none of that works consistently for us, hence the statement that it is "unsupported" on Vista.

-Uwe-

Hi Uwe,
Yeah I've managed to get it working ok now running it as an administrator