PDA

View Full Version : interior light

moorwren
29-02-2008, 05:26 PM
2001, 1.9 SDi the interior light does not come on when the drivers door is opened. Have stripped the door but cannot find anything amiss. Interior light works fine on the other doors. Any ideas or tests to carry out before i start buying bits !

dirtyderv
01-03-2008, 12:41 AM
There is a microswitch in the door catch somewhere i believe, mine isnt working either, be careful at night - make sure you turn your headlights off cause it will not bee at you if you dont!

Al.

Graham Scott
01-03-2008, 06:56 AM
2001, 1.9 SDi the interior light does not come on when the drivers door is opened. Have stripped the door but cannot find anything amiss. Interior light works fine on the other doors. Any ideas or tests to carry out before i start buying bits !
Yea, howzit dude. I'm pretty sure you are expoeriencing a very common problem that occurs on those golfs. You have to remove your door panel and then the metal panel first. Remove the entire lock mechanism from the door thereafter. there is a microswitch that sits under the lock mech that gets depresses by the actual latch itself when it latches onto pin on the B-pillar. This switch gathers a hell of a lot of moisture and consistently buggars out. you can purchase a similar switch from any electronics shop and rettrofit one to the lock mech.Just remember to smear some grease over the new switches contact point to prevent water from getting into it too easily.
I hope this info will help you.
Laters.

Zuegma
22-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Yea, howzit dude. I'm pretty sure you are expoeriencing a very common problem that occurs on those golfs. You have to remove your door panel and then the metal panel first. Remove the entire lock mechanism from the door thereafter. there is a microswitch that sits under the lock mech that gets depresses by the actual latch itself when it latches onto pin on the B-pillar. This switch gathers a hell of a lot of moisture and consistently buggars out. you can purchase a similar switch from any electronics shop and rettrofit one to the lock mech.Just remember to smear some grease over the new switches contact point to prevent water from getting into it too easily.
I hope this info will help you.
Laters.

Can you give me some more details on the type of switch that is needed as one of mine is missing