PDA

View Full Version : Engine and Concert stereo isues

pg20
28-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Hi, Could anybody tell me where I can locate the temp sender on my 1996 1.8se Avant? I've had a look around the engine and can't find anything that looks like it?

Also

Have just re-fitted a cocert stereo and my rear speakers are now not working, thay were working fine before. any ideas? And finally, I've got a Sony changer in the car but the connector to the concert head unit is different, can I get an adapter to get it to work?

paul b
28-02-2008, 11:25 PM
The rears stopped working when I swapped the stereo. It turned out to be some sort of volume fault. Put my other one back in after I had sourced the code and it was perfect again. My understanding is they should have both worked anyway.
Paul

Audi A4 Lover
28-02-2008, 11:49 PM
I replaced my temp sensor yesterday,easy as pie,if not easier!Look at the engine (without the cover) theres a black pipe comming out the back of the rocker cover,pull the pin out of it,and disconnect it.Its only a breather pipe so wount have anything spilling out.Underneaith is blue connector block with 4 wires going to it,thats the feller!Just remove the conector by squeezing the two side pins together and remove.The pul the pin out(same as the breather pipe one) and pull the sensor out,some coolant will spill,but not much,leave the cap on the resevour or youll get coverd in the stuff!Replacing is easy aswel.The whole job is less than 5 mins.Hope this helps,any probs just give me a shout!

pg20
29-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Did replacing the sensor do the trick?