PDA

View Full Version : glow plug light update

smiglyy
28-02-2008, 05:37 PM
hi guys was on here a while ago as my glow plug light is flashing all the time now well ive noticed over the last week when u open the drivers door the interior light doesnt come on anymore but does when you open passenger door also when engine running and u open the door i used to get picture of car in dash telling me door open again only works on passenger door plus boot open isnt indicated and to finish off when i get out the car with lights on i dont get warning sound telling me my lights are on. has anyone else had this had it checked by my m8 with his code reader but no fault found any ideas wot could be going on

kenney
28-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi Your problem is with the micro switch in the drivers door lock and the micro switch in the tailgate lock.The issue with the glow plug light flashing has nothing to do with the other fault.To find the reason for it flashing you need a fault code read.

smiglyy
28-02-2008, 06:38 PM
thanks bud had a reader on it today nothing was picked up

smiglyy
28-02-2008, 06:52 PM
can you change the microswitch on its own

kenney
28-02-2008, 07:03 PM
Not on the drivers door lock, beleive you can on the tailgate lock

smiglyy
28-02-2008, 07:22 PM
cheers m8 will get it into garage car is a 2004 bought it with 12 month warranty get them to sort it out but thanks for help