PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Mk II Golf

sirandyb
21-11-2006, 01:33 AM
Hi all
I just joined the site recently and have not posted as yet just been looking about, looks good!

I have a MkII Golf 1.6 diesel that started life back in '88 as a 1.6 petrol driver. My uncle bought the car from a friend as the shell was 100% rust free in '95, he then striped and rebuilt it putting a 1.6 diesel donkey in it for value for money reasons, to proctect the body he then sprayed inside the pannels and frame with waxol/grease and sealed the underbody with a mixture of waxol/tar.

To cut a long story short he gave me the car 2 years ago as he got an immaculate mkIII 1.9 tdi golf at a bargain price (cos he done all the work on it for the past few years). As you can guess getting a free car i was quite happy!:D

Last MOT all i needed was a back numberplate and the car passed with flying colours.:approve: (Not the same story this year) was driving to belfast one day and a lorry passed kicking up a stone meaning i need a new windscreen:aargh4: all other things that need replacing came with the car as my uncle kept pleanty of spares which he quite willingly sent my way when i got the car (he was just happy to get his garage cleared i think lol)

anyway (sorry that turned into a bit of a rant!) i just wanted to introduce myself.
luv the site!!

(ps. clasic VWs are the best cars with the least problems:biglaugh: )

Boardboy
21-11-2006, 01:38 AM
Welcome sirandyb
Your Golf sounds nice. :biglaugh:
Regards Boardboy

sirandyb
21-11-2006, 02:03 AM
Cheers
Its not looking it's best just yet but it gets me about with approx 54 miles to the gallon, i have nicer wheels for it and it will be painted again once i have a place to do it. would like to get big bumpers for it but still looking in the local scrapyards. I would love to get a mkI gti golf but untill now insurance has been a problem and there hard to find in N.Ireland!
Andy B

sirandyb
29-11-2006, 11:07 PM
the mkII is now off the road, started a new job and havnt the time yet to MOT it, i have all the parts i need but no time, tax runs out tomorrow too so it had to go off the road:mad:
need a care tho so i bought a citroen zx 1.9 diesel 60k full dealer service history for £600 today! not too bad nice little car like new!... just still want my golf back! this will have to do for a little bit:(

Marc97
30-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Welcome matey. Hope you get the Golf done soon although I suppose you're geting used to having a bit more power with the ZX. You'll be looking for a TDi next LOL :).

sirandyb
30-11-2006, 01:08 AM
i have a 1.9 tdi engine waiting for the 1.6 to pack in, all i need is a way round the electronic pump. my uncle recons he will be able to do it... it just waiting for this one to pack in now(goin bit too well for me to be thinking bout it yet lol)