PDA

View Full Version : Things I've noticed since buying an Audi

Marc97
21-11-2006, 12:53 AM
I get let out more at junctions :confused: (mainly other Audi drivers LOL)

I carry less money around with me (don't need to, don't use half as much fuel)
I get out of the car after a 2 hour trip without my ears ringing.
People look at you more strangely when you start tinkering (checking oil and water!!!) under the bonnet of an Audi in the street.
My local tyre fitter charged me £1 more for a wheel balance than he did when I had an Astra.
I can actually hear the loudspeaker function on my phone while I'm driving, negating the need for a hands free kit. (More money saved).

Thats just a quick handful of little things that have affected me since buying my Audi.
Bed time now, me knackered.!

Boardboy
21-11-2006, 01:08 AM
I haven't had mine that long, but I got to agree I get out of it after a long drive and still feel good. It's nice to drive a lovely well built car. :biglaugh:

MalcQV
22-11-2006, 08:43 AM
The Passat that I have has been in to VW under warranty recently so I had a a 2006 Polo, which is a great small car. The problem on my VW appeared last Friday so the weekend I was chauffered around in my wife's MX-5. Another great car but a hard ride. Getting back in the Passat is soo good.

I did have a 96 Honda Accord with 105k on it prior to the Passat. I must say how quiet and smooth that was too.

onzarob
22-11-2006, 10:10 AM
My last 2 cars before my Audi were a MG Midget 1970, VW golf MK1 GTI 1990 and now the Audi 1999.

AS you can see for the daily commute the Audi is like a luxury liner compared to the other two.

Don't get me wrong the Golf and the Midget were great fun, But beinbg waremdry and listening to the excellent stereo by far make up for it and thay all cost similar money...very strange.

Rob:D

PS I also get funny looks when sitting on my drive with the laptop plugged into the car and the bonnet open:biglaugh:

paul20v
22-11-2006, 12:47 PM
i had old audis to start with and before them had a ford and a fiat so welding up cars and body rust was a big issue now nothing, sell the welder and put the filler away :biglaugh:

JoGibson
22-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Since I swapped my 1996 diesel A4 Avant for a 1999 Golf I've noticed:

I no longer have a swimming pool in the back of the car...
I don't have to find a hill to park on so that the sunroof drains can actually drain...
I can go round corners and it doesn't feel like a bath tub full of custard on roller skates...
I don't have to apologise to passengers for the car sounding like the Arkansas Chuggabug...

And you know, I still liked that A4!

dolphinfreindly
27-11-2006, 12:33 AM
:drive: since owning a white T4, i find that the stereo can go really loud and people tend to move out of the way! :drive: