PDA

View Full Version : Water in Foot well

andrew steele
21-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Hello and help!!!

I got S reg Audi A 6 1.8 se auto which I love, but I got water gathering in the driver side footwell and rear passenger seat footwell (driverside) Any idea where it may be getting in. IM told it probably isnt as easy as a hole in the underneath of the car and also the water collects when I not even moved so guessing it must be dribbling down the centre column or maybe from windscreen area? Hoping this a common fault with an answer!!

Boardboy
21-11-2006, 01:16 AM
If you got a sunroof check the drains. Pollen filter area is another place to look.There a lot of posts about blocked drains in the engine bay and scuttle panel area. Not to sure if the A4 is the same as the passat but it seems to be a big problem.
Passat instructions here:http://www.weirdlittlebiscuit.com/passat/leak/index.htm
Hope this is useful
Boardboy

2713ben0
21-11-2006, 11:55 AM
hi my a4 had the same problem has it got water by the battery if so there is a drain plug directley underneath the battery any problems you can email me at benshuck@hotmail.co.uk

paulthefox
21-11-2006, 01:12 PM
yes same old problem on all vag cars had the same problem

paul:mad:

JoGibson
23-11-2006, 02:44 PM
Yup, we had a '96 A4 that leaked water from the rear sunroof drains - think it may have been ruptured in our case as if you levered off the plastic interior trim you could see water dribbling along the pillar. Had enough water to soak the rear seat and all the carpets - a real pig to dry out, but had to be done before the carpets go mouldy.

Maddoggolfface
23-11-2006, 08:18 PM
seems most vag car do suffer from this i had it in my golf, did my head in for weeks....it was the smell that finally got me into action! the sun roof drain in the from door pillar was the culprit!!! stuck a piece of wire up there and it came out like a tap!!!!!

nicholas
23-11-2006, 08:54 PM
i suffer the same problem on my coupe. i have no sunroof though but i have been reliably informed that it is the centre pillar. the car is a project at the mo so im not too bothered at this time but i'm interested to see what information comes to this thread

:beerchug:

drago
23-11-2006, 09:22 PM
Hello and help!!!

I got S reg Audi A 6 1.8 se auto which I love, but I got water gathering in the driver side footwell and rear passenger seat footwell (driverside) Any idea where it may be getting in. IM told it probably isnt as easy as a hole in the underneath of the car and also the water collects when I not even moved so guessing it must be dribbling down the centre column or maybe from windscreen area? Hoping this a common fault with an answer!!
had the same problem with a y2000 passat tdi se. Dealer found and fixed fault - leaking air conditioning. I even had mushrooms growing in the rear foot well. Yum yum ;o