PDA

View Full Version : speaker upgrade A4

StuartTKD
21-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Hi guys
I have the A4 2004 model. It's the basic concert system. Any advice on how to get the sound so much better? I must admit it's far better than most Manufacturers basic system. I know it's got a small sub speaker in the centre of parcel shelf also. What would be a not so expensive way to get great sound. possibly just change the speakers. Not sure on adding amps but id need be!
Thank for reading post:D

Hope to hear from you soon.
Stuart

Marc97
21-11-2006, 12:34 AM
I'm sure you can buy quaility component speakers that are made to replace the factory fitted speakers.
These are generally higher powered with better sound quality although where they are mounted and how well they are boxed makes a huge difference to sound quality.
The only manufacturer of factory fit component speakers I can think of at the moment is Pioneer but I'm sure there are others. Ask at your local (if you have one) car audio centre, they should be able to make some suggestions and give you a sound you will be more than happy with.

adamss24
21-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Halfords does sell Autoleads speaker ring adapters that will alow you to fit any 13" speaker. Get a good set of Focal or MB Quart components for the front dors and you are all set. Go for a 12" sub and a min of 300W RMS DIGITAL AMPLIFIER(fusion does a nice kit-if you happy with the colour-available at Halfords) to compliment the sound stage and ditch the standard head unit(you will need to get an adaptor set to fill the gap as the standard audi dash opening is wider than OEM). Do not worry about the rear door speakers for now...Hope this helps.