PDA

View Full Version : quantum alarm problems

icarus108
27-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi guys

I had to change the battery on my scirocco and now the alarm keeps going off about 12 seconds after i reconnect the battery! I think it needs recoding so does anyone know how to recode the damned thing?

icarus108
28-02-2008, 02:34 PM
I've managed to sort it and thought i'd share in case anyone else encounters this problem :D

In the end i took out the underside of the drivers side dash and found the alarm loom (i just traced it from the siren). I discovered that the immobiliser was stopping the starter motor from turning over so i simply cut the connections to the alarm from the starter motor and the ignition barrel and reconnected the starter motor directly to the ignition barrel. The starter motor was a red and black wire which was connected to the alarm via a blue and white wire. The connection to the alarm from the ignition barrel was a yellow and white wire. I just connected the blue to the yellow effectively by-passing the entire alarm system. I also cut the 12v feed to the alarm (red wire) just to make sure it was completely dead and didn't interfer again!

So my alarm doesn't work (but then it never did until my battery was replaced) and i can once again drive my car. :beerchug:

Hope this can help somebody else out there!

winner
03-03-2008, 08:05 PM
hi
i also have similar problem on my corrado 1992 was just driving along when the car just cut out now my immobiliser seems to work fine i.e it bleeps wen fob is inserted etc but the car just wont fire up:zx11:. its like when you forget to put the fob in the immobiliser before you start the car, it responds but just wont fire up!! the alarm is quantum with a red immobiliser but im not sure if the immobiliser is factory fitted or has been added?????
any info or guidance would be great mark.:biglaugh:

icarus108
05-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Hi

I'm not certain whether the quantum alarms were factory fitted or not. Apparently they were fitted to some VWs as standard but after seeing the wiring loom for the alarm in my car i'm not so sure!

Either way if you just want to kill the damed thing and you're feeling confident i'd suggest the wire cutting route that i took. This site has some basic info on the corrado's alarm wiring but it should be enough to help disable the alarm if thats what you want to do.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/2166.html

Once you know what wires do what it mostly becomes an exericise in logic - or in my case if you know very little about in-car electrics a bit of luck comes in handy too. :D

Failing that i guess getting an alarm fitter (and whatever expense goes with that) to sort it out is the cautious approach!

paul20v
07-03-2008, 07:48 PM
quantum alarms were fitted by a lot of ******** from new and after, they are actually scorpion alarms and scorpion will still or at least 3 yrs ago recon them .

icarus108
10-03-2008, 11:13 PM
I rang scoripon with regards to my alarm when i first had a problem and they didn't know anything about quantum alarms nor did they want to know anything about them - let alone give technical advice!

paul20v
11-03-2008, 08:15 PM
I rang scoripon with regards to my alarm when i first had a problem and they didn't know anything about quantum alarms nor did they want to know anything about them - let alone give technical advice!
a bugger they must have decided stuff it then i got the number from my local ******** but it was a few years ago now but it was all sorted , another option is to use the wiring at the plug for a new alarm i have done this with another car also , i will try and find the wire colours and what they do if you want , i wrote it down somewhere let me know
cheers paul