PDA

View Full Version : Clicking "Indicator" noise

redbubble
20-11-2006, 11:12 PM
When ive turned a corner & my indicator clicks off, it keeps making the clicking noise. I did check the lights to make sure they werent still flashing & they are fine. Ive had the hazard button changed-mechanic seemed to think that would work, but it hasnt. Its driving me slowly insane(Not too far to drive to get there anyway!!). Someone suggested the "Comfort unit", does this sound like it could be the pob, is it hard to change & are they expensive to buy? Oh, & whats the 'technical' name for it??
Thanks
Red:aargh4:

shenders
10-11-2007, 11:10 AM
did you ever find out what this was - I have the same problem and is is driving me mad!

redbubble
10-11-2007, 09:55 PM
NO!!

Its eased up a bit at the moment,but the more i use the car within a short space of time, the worse it gets.

At least i know im not going mad and im not the only one suffering.
I did take it to a VW guy & sods law-it didnt happen when he drove it.

If you ever find out what it is - pleeeeeeeeeease let me know & if i do, i'll update straight away.

Good luck!!

shenders
06-12-2007, 01:58 AM
Try a squirt of WD-40 where the indicator stalk meets the steering column - it's likely to be a poor electrical contact in the indicator stalk. his worked for me - BUT did make it a lot worse for a while!!