PDA

View Full Version : HEATED SEATS NOT WORKING

Steve.phillips790@ntlworl
20-11-2006, 10:10 PM
IVE GOT A GOLF 1.6 SE T REG FOR THE WIFE, AND ITS GOT A PROBLEM WITH FRONT HEATED SEATS,THE DRIVERS SIDE WAS WORKING UNTILL I SWAPPED THE HEATER CONTROLS OVER TO SEE IF THE PASSENGER SIDE CONTROL WAS FAULTY,NOW NONE OF THE SEATS ARE WORKING AND IM IN THE DOG HOUSES WITH THE WIFE:zx11: ,IVE CHECKED THE FUSE WHICH IS OK.HAS ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS

necromax
21-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Have you checked you have reseated all connections properly? Try removing the battery and try them again. Also, I read on another forum that someone with a imilar problem happened to replace their battery (which was a bit old and tired) at the same time they were trying to fix their heated seats. With the new battery on, they worked spot on. All to do with the amount of current which is drawn apparently. So if you have an old battery, that might be the cause

Steve.phillips790@ntlworl
21-11-2006, 11:01 PM
THANKS I WILL CHECK THE CONNECTIONS UNDER THE SEAT,IVE TRIED DISSCONNECTING THE BATTERY BUT NO JOY.IT MIGHT BE WORTH ME GETTING THE BATTERY CHECKED OUT.I THINK HALFORDS DO A FREE CHECK.THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I GET ON