PDA

View Full Version : VAGOM =vs= KWP2000

Audi A4 Lover
26-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi folks,Iv got a KWP2000 usb lead, however it doesnt seem to want to play ball with vagcom.Iv got the right version (409) I can test the LED's and the test comes back fine and dandy.But when I test the USB port it just gives the usual Port:OK Interface:Not detected. However if tested without the usb plugged in, it says 'No Ross-Tech compatable interface detected' so in some wierd and twisted way it must be detecting the cable somewere along the lines!Any Ideas chaps?Or should I bight the bullet and buy a proper ross tech cable? If it helps im using vista on the latop thats trying to connect to the car
:beerchug:

RSTuning
26-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Are you sure you have not bought an actual "KWP2000" for reading and writing the ecu?

If you have even the shareware vag-com will not work

Look at the sponsors section. There is a current group buy on the cables!

Paul

Audi A4 Lover
26-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Yer mine is a proper kwp2000 cable,got the software etc with it.the software that came with it works ok on other cars,but just doesnt work with vag com.Ill get a cable off ebay or something.Or is it better to get one from ross tech folk?

RSTuning
26-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Well not quite propper, a clone of a propper one maybe ;)

You need to look at a cable designed for vag-com

Paul

Eshrules
27-02-2008, 09:31 AM
General advice is to steer clear of KWP2000, these are for flashing ecus mainly, not really for diagnostic, certainly not the likes of those available on eBay with a complete lack of support.

for pocket money, there is no such cable that I can think of that is all singing, all dancing, compatible with all vehicles.

for VAG, you'll either need a generic 'dumb' 3rd party cable, to run on 409, or you can purchase a newer style cable from rosstech directly.

:Blush: