PDA

View Full Version : Wheels for new Audi a4

Kannu
26-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Hello from Finland!

My parents ordered the new a4, and now I'm trying to find a decent set of 18/19" alloys to fit in it.

The standard ET is said to be 47, which sounds odd. And on the other hand some people have studied the blueprints and measured the cars wheel arches and say that there is lots of room. When i wisited the locan dealer, the "standard" wheels came pretty close to the edge.

So ideas / experiences:

- what is the smallest ET, that fits to the car
- any good suggestions for the wheels? (have been thinking of Tomason TN4, Audi RS4 Replica, Alessio Fusion, Oz Hydro...)

And if you know a good wheel simulator, or url that has pics of the car with various wheels, that would be superb!

Chears!

/Tk:Blush:

Blake P
03-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Hello from Finland!

My parents ordered the new a4, and now I'm trying to find a decent set of 18/19" alloys to fit in it.

The standard ET is said to be 47, which sounds odd. And on the other hand some people have studied the blueprints and measured the cars wheel arches and say that there is lots of room. When i wisited the locan dealer, the "standard" wheels came pretty close to the edge.

So ideas / experiences:

- what is the smallest ET, that fits to the car
- any good suggestions for the wheels? (have been thinking of Tomason TN4, Audi RS4 Replica, Alessio Fusion, Oz Hydro...)

And if you know a good wheel simulator, or url that has pics of the car with various wheels, that would be superb!

Chears!

/Tk:Blush:

I know both MTM and ABT are running 19x8.5 ET 35 and they look flush with the fenders. Rieger is running more aggressively at 20x9 ET 25(R) and ET 30 (F), but the pics I've seen look like they poke out past the fenders slightly. I'm wondering if 19x9 ET 40 will fit without problems...

two_paracetamol
04-08-2008, 02:15 PM
This should help.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=204581#poststop

Furtehr info needed? Put "19 inch wheels" into the search feature. It works brilliantly!

Blake P
04-08-2008, 05:19 PM
This should help.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=204581#poststop

Furtehr info needed? Put "19 inch wheels" into the search feature. It works brilliantly!

Yea, I saw that post but unfortunately it doesn't help. He bought RS6 reps and my car will come with those standard from Audi as part of the US spec S Line package. I'm surprised their haven't been more members putting aftermarket wheels. Is that not common in the UK?

RichardCranium
04-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Yea, I saw that post but unfortunately it doesn't help. He bought RS6 reps and my car will come with those standard from Audi as part of the US spec S Line package. I'm surprised their haven't been more members putting aftermarket wheels. Is that not common in the UK?

you'll probably find that most B8 drivers on here have a company car, which somewhat limits the amout of 'aftermarket' fiddling you can do

Blake P
04-08-2008, 08:37 PM
you'll probably find that most B8 drivers on here have a company car, which somewhat limits the amout of 'aftermarket' fiddling you can do

That makes sense. Mine will be a company car as well, but I'm still going all out (wheels, coilovers, lip/trunk spoilers, tint, maybe bbk...)!

mkc
04-08-2008, 08:56 PM
When does the B8 start arriving for the US customers? When did the order book open? Do you have a list of whats included in the US S Line Spec? The UK S Line spec is very different to what they get in Europe ( I dont class the UK as Europe given so many differences!! ):D

Blake P
04-08-2008, 09:09 PM
When does the B8 start arriving for the US customers? When did the order book open? Do you have a list of whats included in the US S Line Spec? The UK S Line spec is very different to what they get in Europe ( I dont class the UK as Europe given so many differences!! ):D

Dealers started receiving demos at the end of last week, about the same time as official US base pricing was announced. This Friday, official options pricing is expected to be announced, though many of us have already pre-ordered starting in April. The official US launch is supposed to be 9/16/08, but S Line and sport packages are delayed because of a production delay on the 18" & 19" wheels by Audi's supplier.

US S Line package includes the following: 19x8.5" RS6 style wheels, 255/35/19 high performance tires, 3 spoke sport steering wheel with paddle shifters, S Line bumpers and side rocker moldings, front sport seats with black leather bolsters, black alcantara inserts, and L Line embossed logo, sport suspension, brushed aluminum interior trim, S Line door sill inlays, S Line badges on fenders, black headliner

mkc
04-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Sounds pretty much the same as the UK then, minus the 19 inch wheels. We get 18s but can have two styles of 19s as a £550 Option. We als have the option of 30mm S Line Suspension or 20mm Sport Suspension at no extra cost. Plus those LED Daylight Running Lights. S Line pack costs £2.5K over the SE spec. I think across Europe there is an interior and exterior S Line package, in the UK we get them as one.

Welcome to the forum and to the back of the queue......... :D