PDA

View Full Version : Are all A3 1.6s troublesome?

colina3
26-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi,
I have an Audi A3 1.6 Sport on a Y(2001) reg. I have had the car for 3 months and have had plenty trouble with it, the most recent being the engine management light coming on which gives fault code PO411, this also results in the car making a loud noise for 30 seconds to a minute starting at cold, i cannot drive the car until this noise stops.

What i was wanting to know was what other 1.6 A3s do you get other than the Sport? Are all 1.6s troublesome with various problems? What A3 would you recommend if i was to sell this car already?

And also if anyone knows how to cure the fault code i have i would be very, very happy.

Thanks

Colin

omegadirective
29-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Well I've got a 2000 A3 1.6 Sport, and have had nothing but problems with it, which is a shame because it is such a lovely car. My car is worth less than £4,000 and I need to fork out over £2,500 to get major engine problems fixed and some dents taken out...

From what I've learnt so far though, the engine fitted in the 1.6 around from roughly 1997-2001 seems to have nothing but problems. Main problems sound like ECU damage, throttle body problems, and air flow mass indicators all faulty or needing replaced...

Should have held on for a year or two more and bout a 2002 1.9 TDI :(