PDA

View Full Version : Removing the word service from dash

colina3
26-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Hi,
I have an Audi A3 1.6 Sport on a Y(2001) reg. I have recently had my car serviced but the Audi garage did not turn off the word Service showing in the dashboard everytime i turn on my ignition. I was sent an email with the instructions on how to do this but it doesnt seem to work.

The instructions i have are to press and hold the button at the speed side of the dash, turn my ignition on, release the button, this should then display service or service in X miles, i should then turn the button at the rev counter side of the dash to the left and this should then remove these words then turn my ignition off.

This does not seem to work, does anyone know how to remove this Service word coming up?

Thanks

Colin

kenney
26-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi Try this Switch off ignition.
Press the reset button for the trip recorder on the dash panel insert and at the same time switch on the ignition.
The display of trip recorder shows: “serviceOIL”.
Release the button.
Pull out clock adjuster knob in dash panel insert for approx. 2 seconds to reset “serviceOIL”.

Depending on data level of dash panel insert the trip recorder display will either continue to show “serviceOIL” or it will display “- - -”.
Press the reset button for the trip recorder again to call up the next type of service.
Release the button.
The display of trip recordershows: “serviceINSP”.

Pull out clock adjuster knob in dash panel insert for approx. 2 seconds to reset “serviceINSP”.
Switch off ignition.

colina3
26-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks Kenney, i will give that a try.

Thanks again.

Colin

colina3
26-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Hi Kenney,
I have just tried the instructions you gave me, unfortunately this did not work,any other ideas?

Thanks

Colin

JezzaL
27-02-2008, 01:39 PM
It gives you instruction on how to do this in the handbook that came with the car. This definatley works, because I have done this before.

Sam
27-02-2008, 03:22 PM
http://www.adhesive-duct-tape.com/images/duct-tape.jpg

If all else fails ^ :D

avitmark
27-02-2008, 03:58 PM
R u on fixed 10k service intervals or long life servicing?

the following should work for 10k servicing- Ignition off, Hold the right trip button on the instrument display, Turn ignition on. Should display service now, While still holding the trip button turn the left hand button (clock adjustment) to the minutes side(right). Release everything and turn ignition off. Turn on ignition and voila! should be it anyway. It should work

mrleeS3
27-02-2008, 04:38 PM
the proceedure in the manual [as you've written above] only works when it says "SERVICE NOW" & on 10k service intervals..

so, unfortunately, imo you'll have to wait til the next 10k service...
i tried for days to get it to work & it only actually worked when it said 'service now'..

hope that helps

colina3
28-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Hi Guys,
Just a quick reply to say thanks for all your help, i have now been able to remove the service notification from my dash thanks to your help, especially JezzaL who was right in saying that the info was in the cars manual which i managed to dig out.

Thanks again everyone, its appreciated.

Colin:beerchug: