PDA

View Full Version : golf mk4 electric morrors move together

leemasiuk
20-11-2006, 05:52 PM
hi,

Im new to golfs, only had mine 2 weeks. nice car :approve:

I have a small issue, which i think maybe easy to resolve (hope so)

PROBLEM
when i move my left electric mirror the right mirror moves too. when i move the right mirror it moves on its own. i simply want the left mirror to work on its own too.

i have read the car manual and it says the mirrors can be set to work this way, but its not very clear how to do this, and more importantly for me, how to reverse the process. i just want them working independantly

i would appreciate some help guys / girls

thanks

lee

chrisp
20-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Mine do the same, but the other way round - left one moves on it's own, right one moves the pair. Also, the symbol on the opposite side of the dial looks like it should fold the mirrors in, or am I wrong? if so, how?

leemasiuk
21-11-2006, 01:22 AM
hi,

sory, yeah your right. my mirrors actually work that way. left on its own, and right moves them together? is this normal, i cant be?

the symbol for folding them, does jst that. but when you park the car and lock it up. if the switch is facing the folding symbol, the mirrors will fold in yo save them getting knocked off by other cars

chrisp
21-11-2006, 01:29 AM
just tried that, they didn't move. Anybody know how to fix them? :confused: Everything else works, the adjustment, heating etc, an d they move manually.

cumbriankeith
21-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Mine do the same, but the other way round - left one moves on it's own, right one moves the pair. Also, the symbol on the opposite side of the dial looks like it should fold the mirrors in, or am I wrong? if so, how?
yeah mine do this too - I'll be interested to hear anyone's solution...

JoGibson
22-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Apparently both mirrors move together when you adjust the right side mirror to make it easier for parking - if you have to reverse into a narrow space you only have to adjust the right hand mirror downwards for both mirrors to move down to see the parking space markings. Personally I find it quite helpful, but as a girl I probably need all the help I can get parking (:p).

No idea how you turn it off though.

chrisp
22-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Oh ok, that makes sense.
Wouldn't dream of commenting on women reversing.....:scared:

PeterFC
24-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Just identified the same problem with my 06 Octavia. Right mirror switch position also moves the left. I will dig out the manual and see if if offers any answers.

Peter C.

:confused:

cumbriankeith
24-01-2010, 05:23 PM
It's not a problem - it's a design feature! See post above but one.

G40will
24-01-2010, 10:08 PM
My golf does this too, I'm sure they used to work independantly?

Would love to get it back to how it used to be.

herby0001
25-01-2010, 10:28 AM
You will find the left mirror can be adjusted independently of the right. So adjust the right one first (which moves both), then the left (which moves on its own). That's just the way it is with VW's, well with Golf's at least. Can't say I'd be losing any sleep over the issue, but it seems to be a real problem to some! :o

G40will
25-01-2010, 11:13 PM
maybe i just never noticed them mooving together before :confused: