PDA

View Full Version : T4 diesel 1200 van battery drain

shaun holoway
26-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I have a Transporter 1996 that has had a short in the loom from the fuse box up to the hazard warning switch that previous owner has had to do some "creative" wiring to get home . I have now put all that right and the fuse box now is all working correctly except interior lights which I think might be something to do with the main feed to the hazard switch that I have to re wire. however I wanted to check any voltage drain on the battery and find that on connecting a 12v test light between the earth leads and the battery i have a "pulse" i.e. it flashes on and off not going quite out in between but bright to dim. I tried it by removing a fuse at a time and no difference but think I may have left the keys in the ignition so may have to repeat that test ,but did try last night with keys out and it still flashed. there is no after market alarm immobilliser fitted HELP does anyone have any ideas it also now runs on but that I hope is the cut off soloniod. cheers,

kenney
26-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Hi Clock??

shaun holoway
27-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Hi Kenny, yep you are right , it was the only thing I could think of but I realised I did the test with the ignition key in ( rushing again ) simple mistake. Key out and fuse 21 out no problem ! thanks for your reply.