PDA

View Full Version : Touran - boot wont open !

touranman
20-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Same post as earlier in General Forum. Bought a 53 plate Touran 2.0 TDi from auction. Only came with one key and remote central locking not working. Got a spare cut and both fobs reprogrammed by local locksmith, but still the boot wont open. Checked on another forum and it was suggested to hold boot flipper for longer time (5 seconds). You here a click, the indicators flash but still wont open!! Is it possible to release it manually, I can't see a release switch inside anywhere. Will I have to go to a dealership, and how much will that be ? Any advice appreciated.

Fourbears
08-12-2006, 11:28 PM
You have to hold the button until you hear the click and the lights flash. Then it will open if you open it in the normal way i.e. pull the handle on the bootlid.

brianf
09-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Same post as earlier in General Forum. Bought a 53 plate Touran 2.0 TDi from auction. Only came with one key and remote central locking not working. Got a spare cut and both fobs reprogrammed by local locksmith, but still the boot wont open. Checked on another forum and it was suggested to hold boot flipper for longer time (5 seconds). You here a click, the indicators flash but still wont open!! Is it possible to release it manually, I can't see a release switch inside anywhere. Will I have to go to a dealership, and how much will that be ? Any advice appreciated.
If you lower the rear seat backs and the luggage cover, climb into the luggage area and open the horizontal flp that houses the warning triangle, you'll find a little lever inside that releases the boot lid.
Usually, this also restores normal operation of the key fob release.
I guess you found the answer long ago, judging by the date of your original posting.

mariamunkey
05-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Got the same problem with the Touran 55 plate - no lever beside the triangle! I need to manually open it if possible. Can anyone offer advise as to how I might be able to do so?

ayjayh
11-02-2015, 05:01 PM
I had the same problem about a year ago. My car is elsewhere at the moment, so I can't check, but I seem to remember removing a panel so I could see the locking mechanism. The unlock lever wasn't visible I think, but I felt around with my finger and found the catch.
Let me know if you want me to check it out further.