PDA

View Full Version : VAGCOM stopped working.

GWA497
25-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Hi all

New to this VAGCOM thingy but hoped it would help me sort an immo prob on 97 A4 1.6SE. Posted on A4 B5 forum.

Cable arrived (talktomycar.co.uk), downloaded software 409.1 shareware / drivers (ftdi) etc. Sorted com ports, programme recognised cable / ports etc---- everything was looking good.
Saved settings, checked immo box got some codes then programme stopped working and never worked again even after uninstall and full re install of drivers and programme.
Laptop with Vista (but tried with XP sp2 compatibility also 2000/ 98 /95). :1zhelp:

Any help would be really appreciated, i know I should buy ROSS TECH but budget already stretched to breaking point.

Thanks for any assistance.

GWA497

Eshrules
26-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Hi all

New to this VAGCOM thingy but hoped it would help me sort an immo prob on 97 A4 1.6SE. Posted on A4 B5 forum.

Cable arrived (talktomycar.co.uk), downloaded software 409.1 shareware / drivers (ftdi) etc. Sorted com ports, programme recognised cable / ports etc---- everything was looking good.
Saved settings, checked immo box got some codes then programme stopped working and never worked again even after uninstall and full re install of drivers and programme.
Laptop with Vista (but tried with XP sp2 compatibility also 2000/ 98 /95). :1zhelp:

Any help would be really appreciated, i know I should buy ROSS TECH but budget already stretched to breaking point.

Thanks for any assistance.

GWA497

only advice i can offer, as will most, is to contact the vendor and explain the situation to the i'm afraid.

GWA497
28-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Finally sorted problem with VAG COM and Vista home --- I have detailed below, just in case it helps anyone else.

Uninstalled Vagcom prog and com port drivers and restarted laptop.
Re-installed prog then plugged in lead and reloaded drivers.
Set up all com ports - plugged in to car - Add prog to Firewall list to allow access.
Right click on prog shortcut on desktop and click "run as administrator".

Programme then ran ok.

Note-- Program did not run on my laptop if i left clicked VAGCOM shortcut.

Hope this helps someone else like me with limited Vista knowledge.

Good luck