PDA

View Full Version : I've only gone and done it

Bloater
25-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Yep thats right, I've ordered tonight. My first Audi, although upgrading from the Passat.

So its a 2.0TDI in Brilliant Red. I object immensely to £500 of my money for sparkly paint.

The only options are a Bluetooth (Low) as the dealer said thats enough to get the car dialling. Also the interior light pack, and the tyre pressure monitor.

Very impressed with the car on a test drive, only hope mine has all the same kit. I was told it was a standard model, although bizzarely this is the first time the cruise control is optional on an SE.

The slightly amusing thing is I was quoted 12 to 14 weeks delivery, but on the order form it says 1st May. More updates to come, but I don't expect to see it before June somehow.

And also for all those private buyers out there, I pushed hard for a deal, and got 10% off the car, and a fair P/X price. Print off some prices from online brokers and stick to your guns, worked for me.

Now waiting .................

Bloater

browellm
25-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Nice one, good to see a few of us in the same boat. I agree with you that it's odd having cruise control as an option on a car of this calibre, but it's swings and roundabouts - I don't think the BMW or Merc has rear parking sensors as standard.

Overall all I believe the standard car is better equipped and cheaper than both its rivals.

Satch
25-02-2008, 11:44 PM
I chose Brilliant Red as well, I think it really suits the car. I opted for the 10 spoke alloys, I hope they look good.

But I'm still :zx11: about the xenon DRL's.

AUDI-NUT
26-02-2008, 07:54 AM
I ordered my S-Line months ago so I have been told I am in line for an
April delivery. Happy now that I went for the S-Line as the Xenon DRL come as standard and they will make the car stand out. I have also gone for a bunch of options. Sat Nav, leather seats, adaptive lighting, AMI, interrior light pack and more.

Car looks great - my only problem was what colour to go for, I do like the Red and they have an option for the S-Line in a different Red but just worried about the resale problems, the Grey looks a bit dull so I have gone for the Ice Silver. saw one in the showroom and looked very nice and should compliment the Silver stiching on the seats and aluminimum inlays.

Anyway, not long now.

Satch
26-02-2008, 06:38 PM
I ordered my S-Line months ago so I have been told I am in line for an
April delivery. Happy now that I went for the S-Line as the Xenon DRL come as standard and they will make the car stand out. I have also gone for a bunch of options. Sat Nav, leather seats, adaptive lighting, AMI, interrior light pack and more.

Car looks great - my only problem was what colour to go for, I do like the Red and they have an option for the S-Line in a different Red but just worried about the resale problems, the Grey looks a bit dull so I have gone for the Ice Silver. saw one in the showroom and looked very nice and should compliment the Silver stiching on the seats and aluminimum inlays.

Anyway, not long now.

The Ice Silver looks really good.
Interstingly my dealer told me that red A4's where highly sought after and commanding very good re-sale values. But I suppose they tell you anything you want to hear.:biglaugh: